In the forthcoming era of industry 4.0, the design may take an opportunity as a key element of innovation or face doom as a simple tool for visualization. We, design organizations in the world, should work together to make this as a great opportunity for the Design Renaissance. I am confident that I am the right person who can effectively and efficiently carry out the mission of WDO!
I have been successfully playing different but essential roles in the following 6 areas in Korea for the last 20+ years:
1) a cross-pollinator for the Korean design society by integrating Human Factors and Engineering Design knowledge and experience with design,
2) an interpreter between international and local design by understanding the cultural context and empathy,
3) a bridge among design, engineering, and business in academia through a lot of trial and error,
4) a missionary of the ‘value of design’ to the CEO’s of the major companies in the various industries by giving lectures on design management,
5) an advisor of design policy to national and municipal governments, and
6) a mentor for design-based start-ups by sharing all of my resources available.
Now I am ready to bring all my invaluable experience together to the world through WDO. Vote for me!!
Korea Association of Industrial Designers (KAID)
- Ph.D. in Engineering Design, Tufts University, Boston, USA, 1996
- Master of Industrial Engineering, KAIST, Seoul, Korea, 1985
- Bachelor of Industrial Engineering, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea, 1983
- Professor of Design Management since 2000
- Director General of “WDC Seoul 2010”
- Dean at IDAS
- Vice President of KAID
- Certified Professional Ergonomist in the USA
- Researcher on Defense Institute
- Author of 10 books on Design
- Professor of Design Management at IDAS in Hongik University
- Juror of Red Dot Award:Product Design & Design Concept, DFA
- Advisor to Start-ups, companies, and public organizations
- Speaker on Design to CEO’s in Korea