Looking for international design students to join a 4-week paid internship to work on insulated packaging solutions using wool
WDO is pleased to have forged a collaboration with a market leader in sustainable thermal packaging. Together, we will be hosting “Think inside the box” – a four-week remunerated internship that will run remotely from 28 June to 23 July 2021.
An international team of 10 to 15 design students will be selected and led by two design facilitators to contribute time and expertise to develop creative solutions that broaden the company’s award winning, alternative and environmentally responsible solution to expanded polystyrene (EPS) packaging.
Expected outcomes include the development of solutions that can be used in a wet packing environment such as a fish processing facility and is in alignment with the ethos of the circular economy.
If you embrace a collaborative approach and are a natural and enthusiastic team player, you can expect to gain valuable real-world experience during this experience.
- Be an Undergraduate (having completed at least three years), Masters or PhD student; or a recent graduate (within the last three years) from an industrial design or related programme at a WDO Educational Member institution
- Possess strong communication and time-management skills (working knowledge of English mandatory)
- Be available to commit approximately 20-30 hours a week for 4 weeks from 28 June to 23 July 2021
- Have a demonstrated ability in sustainability, circular economy and/or packaging design
Superstar qualifications include:
- Experience in Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
- Knowledge of virtual collaborative platforms such as Miro or Mural an asset
- Solid conceptualization and brainstorming skills
- Knowledge of materials, advanced technology, and manufacturing a plus
Design students from a WDO Educational Member institution with experience and/or a keen interest in sustainable packaging design are invited to apply as participants on or before 18 June 2021, 11:59 EDT. Selected participants will be remunerated for their participation and contributions.