Under the banner of ‘Humanizing Design’ the 2019 WDO Research and Education Forum is a one-day event that aims to share perspectives and explore trends that better prepare young design professionals for new challenges and opportunities.
We are truly excited to invite the participation of academics and industry leaders, in thought provoking dialogue around new education programmes and areas of research, and new practices that focus on more human-centered approaches to designing for a better world. The aim is also to create bridges between these worlds in the belief that together we can further enhance the future of design research and education.
The Forum will address the following three themes:
- Integration of United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) in International Design Curricula
- Future of Design Education and Research in Emerging Economies
- Human Approach to Digital Media
Key dates and deadlines
- 28 June 2019: Submission deadline for abstracts
- 2 August 2019: Notice of acceptance
- 30 August: Submission of final papers / posters
All submitted extended abstracts will be reviewed by conference chairs and revisers. Selected candidates will be contacted and will receive further instruction.