In collaboration with WDO Educational Member Faculty of Design – Associated Member of University of Primorska, the House of Design Management and Innovation (HDMI) and the Municipality of Ljubljana, WDO held its seventh World Design Talks in Ljubljana (Slovenia) on 21 June 2019.
Under the banner of SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities and in the context of rapid urbanization, the workshop aimed to address the issue of making our cities greener through the lens of design and looked at various approaches from smart cities to green architecture. The World Design Talk presented points of view from various stakeholders including decision-makers from the municipality of Ljubljana, researchers, members of professional design associations and students from international universities.
The event also launched the Flowing Spaces – City in Motion exhibition, which presented the results of a yearlong student workshop by the Group of International Design Education (GIDE) – a network of academic design institutions, industry, researchers and creative and cultural organizations that was formulated to explore the cultural, social and/or ethical dimensions of design.
- Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design Dundee (Scotland/UK)
- School of Design at Jiangnan University Wuxi (China)
- Faculty of Design Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- UMa-University of Madeira Funchal, Madeira (Portugal)
- Thomas More University College Mechelen (Belgium)
- University of Applied Sciences Magdeburg (Germany)
- Politecnico di Milano (Italy)
- SUPSI-University of Applied Sciences of Southern Switzerland Lugano (Switzerland)