Department: Programme & Communications
Reports to: Digital Communications Officer
Adopted/revised date: 18/02/2020
WDO is looking for a junior web content publisher to join the team for a 16-week contract. This is an entry-level position, ideally suited to a university/college/Cégep student looking to improve his/her practical skills in website maintenance and web publishing.
- Develop and enhance the front-end and user experience of WDO.org
- Assist in the development of new sections and webpages
- Publish articles, photos, and other content on designated webpages
- Populate data for resource library, event calendar, and media gallery
Qualifications, required skills and competencies
- Minimum D.E.C. in Web development or equivalent
- 1 to 2 years minimum of experience
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (mainly Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Knowledge of WordPress and HTML
- Keen eye for design highly desirable
- Willingness to bring new ideas to the table
- Attention to detail
- Excellent team player
If you are looking to work between 25 and 30 hours per week then this may be the opportunity for you. Our offices are centrally located in downtown Montreal (close to metro) with a casual office atmosphere.
How to Apply
Want to make it to the top of a big pile of resumes? Write an original cover letter by Friday, 6 March 2020 stating why you are interested in working with us and provide links to any relevant work samples. Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com, indicating the job title in the subject line. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be held mid-March with the intent to commence in April.
The World Design Organization (WDO)®, formerly the International Council of Societies of Industrial Design (Icsid), is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1957 to promote the profession of industrial design. WDO advocates industrial design driven innovation that creates a better world, engaging more than 150 member organizations in collaborative efforts and carrying out international programming—World Design Capital®, World Design Talks™, World Design Impact Prize™, World Industrial Design Day™, and Interdesign™. WDO has United Nations Special Consultative Status.