WDO is seeking a social media contributor to join the team. The ideal candidate will be in pursuit of a creative degree and have a strong interest/experience in industrial design and its impact on the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs). Workload will range between 2 and 10 hours per week on an ongoing basis. Work can be done remotely and does not require relocation (i.e. this is a paid freelance writing opportunity).
We’re looking for a highly-motivated, creative thinker with a talent for fostering community engagement and creating content, including written and photographic contributions, to lead social media for the WDO brand. You will help spread our brand message, educate our community and provide inspiration, as well as strategize and implement social paid ads. The right candidate will need to jump in to help drive traffic and awareness of the WDO brand.
We value writers that help enrich discussion on our sites, promote our material on social media and cover everything entailed with the social impact of industrial design. We need people who can contribute to our social accounts and use them to effectively promote our material. This includes scheduling tweets/posts with enticingly clever pitch lines rather than regurgitated links.
The goal of the social media contributor will be to grow our social media platforms, create a voice for each platform, interact with fans and followers and respond to inquiries and comments as needed. The ideal candidate will be self-directed and can work with little to no direction.
Watch this video to find out more about our plans to design for a better world.
- Contribute to WDO’s social media content calendar with the goal to increase followers, engagement and website views
- Spread brand awareness across multiple channels and social properties
- Encourage community engagement through shared and created content
- Maintain consistent brand voice across all channels
- Analyze social media insights regularly to track progress
Qualifications, required skills and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven experience with social media marketing
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills
- Ability to write short, snappy headlines and short-form copy
- Knowledge of social media analytics tools is a plus
- Industrial design industry knowledge highly desirable
- Proficient in Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram and Social Media management platforms such as Hootsuite
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Professional and accountable
- You enjoy working both independently and as part of a team.
Want to make it to the top of a big pile of resumes? Write an original cover letter stating why you are interested in this role (and what you would bring) and provide a link to a portfolio of relevant work samples.
Writing samples are required for consideration. Selected candidates may also be asked to complete a sample assignment.
This is ‘work-from-home’/ contractual position. The salary range is CA$15/hr.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume by Friday, 16 February 2018. Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com, indicating the job title in the subject line. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be held end of February with the intent to commence in March.