Montreal (Canada), 13 January 2021 — World Design Organization (WDO)® is pleased to announce the call for submissions for the World Design Impact Prize™ 2021, which aims to recognize industrial design-driven projects that have a positive impact on our social, economic, cultural or environmental quality of life.
Interested parties are invited to submit project details via the online form at www.wdo.org/wdip no later than 30 April 2021. Additionally, WDO is also accepting nominations for projects until 31 March by individuals who do not have a project of their own to submit, but who know of one that would be deserving of this recognition.
Projects should showcase the expanding ways that design can make a positive impact on the world, including the design of systems and experiences.
Submissions or participation from other design disciplines are welcome but eligible projects must:
- currently be in production or in use in one or more locations
- yield positive impact and reflect socially conscious design
- be industrial design driven and/or showcase innovative uses of industrial design
- demonstrate design thinking in the planning (participatory planning, co-design) as well in the design itself
- reflect the vision of WDO to create a world where design enhances our social, cultural, economic and environmental quality of life